Monday, February 7, 2011

ignore this one...

all my stuff is here, but it doesn't really feel like home.
people come over pretty much every day, but they aren't really my friends.
and this isn't really my place.
i don't belong.

at least...not yet.

i'm trying. i promise.
it's just hard.
i'm a stranger in a big, unkind city.
faces aren't familiar.
things are changing every single day.

i'm not sure where i fit here.

i know i might seem like i've got this under control.
it's quite the opposite, really.

i'm walking into uncharted territory.
i'm scared and alone.

so bear with me, please.
offer a hand. i'll grab it.
if i don't laugh at your jokes, it's because there's a lot on my mind.
laughs have been few and far between.
i'm trying. but i'm not good at this.

i'm a runaway girl. i leave when it gets hard.
but there's nowhere to run anymore.

i need people. and i don't really have any here.
so i'm doing things by myself.
i went to church today. it's been awhile.
i guess you could call it progress.
it just felt like another place i don't really fit.

i'll keep exploring.
and i'm sure eventually i'll fit somewhere i fit.
i've been used to steady hands holding me up.
and now i'm standing alone.

i don't like it.
and i don't belong.

not yet.
but maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. Jayc...
    you're never ever alone. I know how it feels to go to church and feel like you don't belong there. Truth is- anyone, and everyone belongs there. If anyone tells you differently, i'll kick their ass.

    ReplyDelete