Friday, October 1, 2010

send me on my way....

every time i wake up the morning of a road trip, i sing this in my head.
{my roadtrips tend to look something like this...feet dangling out the window, no cares in the world.}

i'm heading back to cedar city for the weekend. i'm both excited and completely dreading it.

excited:
i get to see my loves.
i get to be in the place my heart claimed as home after being homeless for awhile.
there will definitely be some
shenanigans.
and lastly, two words: Golden Spoon.

dreading:
the heat.
the cops.
the serial killers.
(okay, i don't think cedar city has any...this was a joke. clearly watching Dexter non-stop has gotten to me. i digress.)
lastly, being in the place my heart calls home. it's bittersweet considering i might not make it back for awhile.

you know how you have that favorite place to be, the one you'd spend your whole life if you could?

well for me, that place is cedar city.

but the winds of change are blowing in my life.
and i honestly don't think i'll end up in cedar city again.
at least not right now. and not for awhile.

it's kind of heartbreaking, leaving my Home.
but i've found leaving usually leads to somewhere better for the soul.

i guess we'll see, won't we?
thanks for making the journey a little lighter as you send me on my way!

wherever the road leads
YOU in the next little while...
take a leaf out of my book and totally
rock it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment