Sunday, October 10, 2010

the phone code fiasco...

about a week ago, i thought it would be good to go through my phone and eliminate all the codes i've been using.

my code, though perfect to me, confused others, so i changed it to be more user-friendly. i was told it was juvenile to keep a code for my phone friends.

my code included things like:
! :) this meant they could be considered a best friend.
(att) meant they were an attachรจ
(RHA) or (RA) meant they worked with me in Housing.
(rs) meant they were my visiting teachers from relief society.
...the gorgeous meant i had a crush on them at one point.

and then of course there was the Code of Names which includes:
Buzz Lightyear
The Funk
The Other Nick
Aryan B****
Amazon B****
Lesbaru B****
Best Friend!
Tanner who i never want to talk to.
Stranger
Spidee
Sexy Steven
Hot Mamasita!
Foxy Cleo
FEC Tim
Fool #2
Crazy Tammie

to look at those ones, YOU would never know who they are.
yet, when looking for Josie Osborn in my phone, i can't search for Josie Osborn. by habit, i search for my aryan b****. she's the blue eyed, blond love of my life.

i love "tanner who i never want to talk to." that was always a joke between us. i ALWAYS want to talk to him.

Hot Mamasita is Kell Thorley, Logan's mom. She's always welcomed me into her home as another daughter.

FEC Tim is Timothy Feil, my Future Eternal Companion.

and of course there's Buzz Lightyear. any guesses on this one? he's most certainly my bishop. i'm in his phone as Jaycie Penny.

the code goes ON and ON and ON....
when i tried to change my code for everyone else, it didn't work for me.
it took me sooo much longer to find my peeps this way. i was confused to the MAX!

the THREE HOURS i spent changing everyone in my phone from Code to Actual Identity took so long because i had to ask a lot of people for their last name. i never cared to know them because they weren't important to me.

i guess i'm just that person. i'd rather identify with my fun codes than try to conform to the ways of the world and identify based solely on names.

after less than an hour, i was overjoyed to have it back to MY code...where i can find people the way i know them.

speaking of which, i just got a text from my Amazon. i'll catch ya'll later!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha! Jayc, I LOVE this! Just totally made my day!

    Love,
    Your Aryan B****

    ReplyDelete