Friday, April 1, 2011

the day i got fired...

remember this guy? well, he got me fired today...


i show up to work, cheerful and happy and perky as usual.
a couple hours later, i'm sitting in my Boss' office being questioned.

why? well, cb showed up to work today to find this, clear in Columbus, OH.


yes, that's me. plastered all over his cubicle.

i assure you i had nothing to do with it.
the plot thickens.

soon after arriving, cb, along with THE ENTIRE COMPANY received this e-mail:


From: Susie B.
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 9:25 AM
To: +All
Subject: Welcome New Employee to Team Leader!

Please join me in welcoming Jaycie Leishman to Team Leader! Jaycie will be joining our team as Logistics Coordinator, beginning on Monday, April 18. She currently resides in Salt Lake City, Utah and will be taking the next two weeks to relocate to Columbus.

Jaycie is currently an inside rep for one of our vendors, Snugz, so many of you have spoken with her on the phone. Aside from her background in thepromotional products industry (which will be very valuable to us!), Jaycie enjoys writing romance novels, snuggling in front of a crackling fire, and long walks on the beach.

I am sure you’re wondering why someone would consider relocating from Salt Lake to COLUMBUS!? I asked her the same question, and she coyly replied “my soul mate… the love of my life… lives in Columbus.” Then she kept talking about some dude’s VOICE… not sure where she was going with that one.

In any case, please give Jaycie a warm LP welcome when you see her – she’s moving a long way from home, and with only CB to keep her company, she’ll need your support.

Thanks!

Susie B.
Director of Strategic Accounts



A few of the LP reps decided they better forward it on to my boss.

Naturally, my boss freaked out. 
Since when am I moving to Columbus, Ohio? 
She TOLD me not to give out personal information to clients! 
How does this look for the company? 

The scolding went on and on and on....

I couldn't convince her it was just an April Fool's Day joke. Especially when she asked about "the Voice." What was I supposed to say? i AM obsessed with that voice...

Then B., the owner of the company comes in, gives this rant about how unprofessional my actions have been, that the company doesn't deserve this kind of reputation, and that they have to let me go.

Shortly after leaving, my Check Engine light came on. I guess I'll have to find new means of transportation to Ohio to start my job on the 18th. 

Perhaps next year, I just won't get out of bed on April Fool's Day...


No comments:

Post a Comment