Wednesday, March 23, 2011

that voice...

i have a crush.
now back up a few weeks.

you know i work for a place that does lanyards and lip balm.
if you didn't know that, shame on you.

anyways, one morning, i'm just happily answering the phone, chatting about layards. and i get a call:
me: "thank you for holding, this is Jaycie, how can i help you?"
cb: "did you say jay-z? like the rapper?" (um....sexiest voice i've ever heard? yes!)
me: "nope, jaycie, like JCPenny."
cb: (sexy laugh too? it's my lucky day.) "oh, Jaycie Penny!"
me: (silent, not laughing.)
cb: (suddenly serious.) "well Jaycie Penny, i have a question. What is the difference between the yellow polyester lanyard and the yellow nylon lanyard? is the nylon way brighter than the poly?"
me: "i have no idea."
cb: "what do you mean?"
me: "i haven't compared them. i only have a yellow polyester lanyard."
cb: "well i have a yellow nylon lanyard. i guess you have the cereal and i've got the milk..."
me: "so bring me the milk." (not thinking this could be interpreted badly.)
cb: (laughs out loud.) 
me: (giggles nervously. clears throat.)
cb: "did you just giggle?"
me: (lying face and voice,) "No!"
cb: "you have a cute little giggle. I bet you're blushing."
me: (jaw drops. blush deepens.) "how did you know that?"
cb: (chuckles.)  "i've heard i give good phone...now run and go find a yellow nylon lanyard."
me: "do you want me to call you back? what's your number?"
cb: "whoa, whoa, whoa. just put me on hold. i'll wait. i don't give out my number that easily."
me: (long pause, then a sigh.) "it might be a couple minutes..."
cb: "don't keep me waiting too long."


put him on hold. literally run for a lanyard. find one, run back.


me: (panting from my sprint.) "thank you for holding."
cb: "that was fast."
me: "you know me...always aiming to please."
cb: "okay, so what's the difference?"


after explaining the difference in color, he asked me which one i preferred. 


me: "um, the poly. definitely. it's more soft and smooth. i don't like rough stuff touching me. and the nylon feels like a leash."
cb: you don't like being tied up?"
me: (eyes widen, too shocked to speak. finally giggle.)
cb: "do you giggle like this with everyone?"
me: "no. no one."


after a few more wildly inappropriate comments, we hung up. only for him to call back within an hour on an unrelated order. 
i giggled. he used that sexy voice on me...i was a goner.
he made me SOOOO nervous, so i didn't give him all the details he needed. 
i had to call him back. 
i giggled. he was naughty. especially considering we were both working.
i kind of liked it. but i'll never admit it.


now he calls me a couple times a week. i giggle every time. he tells me to calm down every time.
we play phone and e-mail tag. rarely about business.


i save his life when he needs lanyards in a pinch.


it must be true love. and true love does NOT have a lazy eye...



No comments:

Post a Comment