Sunday, March 27, 2011

i need some advice.

at this point i have five options, as far as i can tell.

my landlord told me today he has people interested in my place. we've been having roommate problems and this would be a good way to sever ties and move on rather than trying to work through the mess for the next three months. it's a good option, only i need to act, well...now.

so, here are the options i can see. read, then advise:

one.
i stay living where i'm at in salt lake for the next three months.
when my lease is almost up, start contemplating the future.
if i choose option one, nothing changes. at least...not for three months until my lease is up.

two.
i can just move elsewhere in salt lake. that would mean a new lease, which would keep me tied to salt lake for at least six months or a year. i would keep the same job. try to plant some roots and create a life in salt lake rather than just being in survival mode like i currently am.

three.
move to cedar city. find a new job.
pay off the student loans. go on a mission or go back to school next spring.
reconnect with friends. have a simple life, complicated only by things i love.

four.
move back to logan. bide my time and find a cute house and a new job.
maybe go to school at usu in the spring. maybe go on a mission.. work at coldstone, maybe.
matt will be back the end of june. who even knows what that means?

five.
go to a completely new place. live in a mystery place. do a mystery job.
Note: If you pick option five, you better lay out the details...aka where i will live and what i will do.

now please, cast a vote. give me advice. i have NO IDEA what i'm supposed to be doing with my life. i couldn't even tell you what i want to be doing in my life.
quite frankly, i do not like having this many options. please, someone, ANYONE, just tell me what i need to do...

why can't i just have a few options placed before me? i want to be able to just look and pick the job, the house, and the man. oh, that it were that simple.

8 comments:

  1. Jayc,

    I love you....But I think this is a choice that YOU should make...Quit trying to please everyone else and look for what will please Jaycie the very Leishman...But, if youre merely taking this into account and not basing a decision off of it...I choose Cedar City....It loves you, and you know you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about where you can put yourself in an enviroment where you can grow both intellectually and spiritually, both professionally and personally. Balance is the key. You are a smart girl. I know you'll pick a great place to plant your own garden so to speak to you can bloom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with Brandon on this one. But, if you simply must have my opinion then I would go with Cedar City or Logan, and secondly agree with Brandon on his Cedar City comments. Love you dear Jayc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would 100% vote against moving to a new place..unless you have a job. That's what I did with Layton..biggest mistake of my life! New place, no job..not a good combination. But other than that, I think you need to do what you feel is best for YOU. I would pray about it at well. I know that saying "pray about it" is a typical mormon answer, but it's true. No one knows whats best for you better than your heavenly father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved somewhere new, and for the frist time last year it sucked cuz i didn't allow myself to go out of my comfort zone. I stayed in my room all year long and talked to nobody!!! So whatever you do don't do that. Personally i'd go with somewhere new, but only because i've been restless lately, but where ever you go it's going to be all about your attitude. You can decide to be happy where ever you are. And I know that putting yourself out there is scary, but if you let God protect you, then you can reach out make new friends, and feel at home anywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sounds like the most comfortable option for you Jayc? Honestly, think about it. I'll give you a minute.... done? Okay, what's the first thing that came to your mind? Why does this place feel the most "comfortable" to you? The definition of the word "comfortable" is up to you.

    That's how I would make this decision if I had to in my own life. I truly believe in karma. If you pick to live somewhere where you know will be the happiest, then everything else will fall into place. That doesn't mean that it will be easy, but life is boring when it's easy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you should ask God?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you guys are all the greatest! :)

    ReplyDelete