Tuesday, March 1, 2011

it started with the milk jug....

this morning i was starving.
because i forgot to eat last night.

i opened the fridge and saw just enough milk for a bowl of cereal left over from last week's jug.
perfect!
i decided it might have been in there a little while.
so i looked at the expiration date.
3/3/11.

freeze.
that's his birthday.
and he's locked up this year.

work was long and tedious.
the 'check engine' light still aglow.
so i decided to get it checked out.

guy number one:
P0008. the 8 looked like a B.
as an eight, my car is expoding soon. as a B, the light is defective.
it's probably an 8. because that's my luck.
he'd never seen a code like that before.

so i went to find guy number two:
P0008. my car is definitely exploding.
"do you have a mechanic you completely trust to fix your car?"

freeze.
he used to be my go-to mechanic.
he taught me how to change my oil. and the lights.

me: "yes. but he's in prison now..."
my brain didn't register his reply as i walked out the door.

i need to quit having days like this.
i don't want him to cross my mind.
i don't want to see him in other people.
i don't want to miss him, in the weird way that i do.
he hurt me.

i guess the only solution is to have better milk cartons...

No comments:

Post a Comment