Friday, January 7, 2011

sometimes i'm a monster...

Last week i noticed an e-mail in my spam box titled, "Question from Providence YSA 5th ward"
i moved it into my inbox, determined to read it eventually.
the next day i got another one.
a couple days later, the subject changed.
and two days later, it changed again.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of them said this:

Hi Jaycie,

I'm the secretary in the YSA 5th ward relief society and I'm just following up on some church records info.

I understand that you are living in the Salt Lake area now, but your church records are still in our Cache Valley YSA 5th ward. Will you send me your current address so that the ward clerks can get your church records sent to the right place?

Thanks a lot,

asdlkfasdlfkj*

the first two...okay, i can understand that. but SIX of the same e-mail? seriously???
unluckily for asdlkfasdlfkj*, i was not in the best of moods when i replied to her e-mail.
i'll be honest, i was mean.

really mean.

like you can only be late at night
after apartment hunting all day, with no success.

or after your idiot bff spends the day with the girl he won't confess his love to.
while simultaneously ignoring your existence.

so, the e-mail...


asdlkfasdlfkj*,

i don't believe we've met, which means i have no problem telling you that you seriously need to back off a little. would it have killed you to be nice to me and ask me how my life is going rather than sending me six million of the same e-mail? not to mention the fact that it sounds like you're just trying to pawn me off on the first available ward to up your visiting teaching percent. harassing members sure isn't the best way to get people to attend their church meetings.

i did get your e-mail and just haven't had enough time to try to sort it all out for you. rather than continue to harass me with the same e-mail over and over, please send my records back to the ward where Allen Julian is bishop. It's the Cedar City YSA 12th ward in the 2nd stake. i'm sure he'll be a little more tactful and considerate in dealing with my church activity than you have been. i have contacted him and he is expecting my records immediately. i hope this helps you up that active member percentage you're so diligently fighting for!

thanks so much,
Ms. Jaycie Leishman

in retrospect, i should have been a little less mean.
oh well.

i hope i got the point across.
maybe i'll send it six more times...

*name changed in order to protect privacy.

1 comment: