Tuesday, October 16, 2012

best friends...

first of all, someone commented on my last blog, saying they still think about me all the time. it was anonymous and i'd like to know who sent it.
please e-mail me, bestie.
jayciespacie (at) gmail (dot) com
that's my permanent address! ;)

now, onto the topic of besties.
i met James when i was 16. i had just started at ColdStone and dropped in to check my schedule. he was behind the counter, serving away.
i was wearing a little polka dot dress. my hair was long and curly. i was wearing heels.
stunner. that's the only word for how smokin' i was that day.
i made my way for the back and he said, "you can't go back there."
i flipped around, sassed back, "i WORK here..." and let myself into the back.

we became pals over the next couple months, mostly because i forced him to be my friend.
i had a huge crush on him. he thought i was insane. plus, he had a girlfriend. they ended things within just a little bit of us meeting. but he didn't have feelings for me. and honestly, i didn't for him either.

then i was raped.
and everything in my life changed.

James stepped into my life in a big way at that point. he pulled me through.
we talked EVERY NIGHT on the way home from work. he'd drive home, and keep talking to me until i made it home safely, too. he listened to me. he talked me through things. he gave advice. he didn't judge.
a few weeks after i was raped, i got a flat tire at work. it was raining, and i'd had a physical exam that morning as part of the investigation. i was a wreck. it was so violating. and emotionally, i couldn't deal with much. the flat tire was the straw that broke the camel's back.

a couple guys from work changed my tire, while James held me and let me cry under an umbrella in the rain.

now, five years later, here we are. i'm just back from Denver. he's getting ready to embark on his own adventure.

i love him more than every other human on the planet. hands down. he's my very best friend. sometimes we lose touch for a bit, but we pick up right where we leave things. we don't hold grudges. we don't stay mad. there is no place in the world that feels more like home to me than a James hug.
there is no one else in the world who loves me more than he does. even when i mess everything up, and call him to fix my life, he just loves me. he doesn't always agree, and i know that. but he loves me anyways. he sticks by me always. that's the kind of best friend everyone should have.

but, you can't have my bestie. he belongs to ME! and i'll cut anyone who tries...capeshe?

Jamesy, I je t'aime you beaucoup de chose! :)




4 comments:

  1. There is no one as awesome as James, that is for sure! He is such a great guy! I miss you both! :) Excited that you are back in Utah, Jayc. But you should come visit me in California. That's where the real party is. Ha ha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not quite ready to reveal who i am just yet. However we still have unfinished busines and will talk at some point, I promise. Sorry I wasnt there for you after your grandmother passed. :( All of my anger vanished when I heard about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace,
    How can I tell you just how much I love you? I don't think I really can and so that's why we rawr at each other...no words really suffice to express our true feelings...except for maybe meow. I'm so happy to have you in my life. Besties forever. Oh and btw's we should road trip out to see Steph...that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete