Monday, April 9, 2012

Denver; an intro.

okay, i've been putting this post off for WAY too long.
i just know already it's going to take forever, but it's important. so here goes!

clear back in July, i met Handy Manny. prior to that, I never considered moving to Denver in my wildest dreams. I just wasn't interested. I knew it was a silly little square of a state and figured it must be just like Utah since they're neighbors...
uh, no.
not even close. for one, Denver doesn't have mountains at all. the only mountains are too the west and they're so far away, you can't even see them unless you're standing on a three story building.
but, i flew out here a bunch and decided i loved it.

lucky for me, i was getting kind of antsy for a change, and i figured, why not?
so, literally three weeks later, I was on my way to Denver.
my brother Nick and I packed up all my furniture and big stuff and made our way out here.
only, we broke down in Cisco, Utah. about 45 minutes from Moab.

we caught a tow truck back to Moab and spent the night. while his truck was getting fixed, we had a little Moab journey, which was incredible. we took a tour and spent some time with an amazing guy. he started the search and rescue program 22 years ago in Moab, after being a deputy for the police department. he had SOOO many cool stories.

 this is a dinosaur footprint. there were EVERYWHERE. baby ones, big ones. it was incredible. just stuck forever in Moab...and so easy to see if you know what you're looking for.
 that's Nick and our cowboy guide and the little vehicle we cruised around in all day. it was INSANE how it could just climb everything like it wasn't even hard.
it was gorgeous. i'll definitely be back there. Nick and I had a blast. we didn't plan it, for sure. but it was still pretty amazing!

then, we continued on. Denver came quickly and we met up with Handy Manny for the night.
we moved into my place, then the guys went to a hockey game.
we booked it back to Utah and I tied up a few things before I took the final trek out here with the rest of my stuff.

 this is the sunset from our trip back to utah. it's from the exact place we broke down. it was gorgeous.
 i slept on the floor for a few days since my bed was in denver. it got messy trying to pack around my little make-shift bed. also, i'm way too old to be sleeping on the floor. my back and hips and ribs were like, "Excuse you??? princesses do not sleep on floors!"
 when i got to Denver, i found that my parking space is on a speed bump. it's way harder to park here than you'd think, but two weeks later, i've soooo got it!
 on my way to work on my second day, i hit this curb and got a flat tire. it was not repairable, so i had to replace it. not fun for my bank account, but i'm going to be fine. i colored while i waited.

they only had markers though, so that was kinda weird. i'm definitely a crayon kind of girl.

 who even makes curbs like this??? seriously? they're supposed to be round...
 and i was especially cute that day and Handy Manny wanted a pic, so I got resourceful and took that pic! yes, i'm standing on a toilet. they don't have any good mirrors at work. it's hard to be so beautiful and vain and not be able to look at myself always... ;)
 There are ALWAYS bunnies and squirrels running around my apartment. it always makes me giggle like a seven-year-old because they're sooo cute! they freeze, like they think if they don't move i can't see them. and it's soooo cute when they hop away. i kind of love them.

that's good for now. things are crazy, and i'm having tons of adventures. we'll talk that through later. it's time for this working woman to head out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment