Sunday, September 11, 2011

grateful.

today was a very long day. well...it was great until 3:30, when the last of my bffs left work.
from 3:30 to 8:00 i have to find ways to entertain myself on saturdays.

i read magazines and books.
i go through all of the slideshows on xfinity.comcast.net, as it's the only site i'm allowed to visit.
i play with silly putty.
i color in coloring books.
i cuddle up in my blankie and watch movies after begging my superiors to change the channels for me.
i eat mini m&m's. chips. donuts. gum. drink water.
i paint my fingernails.
i write in my pretend journal.
and i take customer calls, aka i do my job.

it sounds like enough to keep a person occupied, but it's not. i get so lonely and bored.
it's funny how that works. when everyone is around on any day besides saturday i curse their existence and wish for them to leave. but on a lonely saturday, all i want is someone to join me.

but at least i have a job.
and in times like these, i remember all the great things i have.
like wallice.
glowy stars.
his cute texts randomly during the day, even though he's busy.
blankies that keep me warm in the freezing place.
my cute mom. <insert rest of family here.>
i have everything i need.
and most of the things i want.
i'm healthy.
i'm a survivor.
i'm a lover.
and i'm me.

it's only 3 1/2 more months. i can totally do this.

3 comments:

  1. <3 i painted my nails today at work tooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that of the limited number of bloggers I know you are the best...why you ask. Because you actually blog. Here I find myself doing my routine check of the blogs I follow and find yet again a serious lack of postings...then like a breath of fresh air I find a recent posting from Miss Jaycie Leishman. For this I thank you my best. :)

    ReplyDelete