Friday, May 27, 2011

oh, you know...

i noticed something about myself a couple months ago that's kind of funny, in that anti-humor way.
when asked, "How are you, Jaycie?"
i reply in one of three ways.

one:
"i'm good. how are you?"
i use this when i'm genuinely good.

two:
"i'm having the worst day of my life."
obviously this is a hyperbole. i couldn't possibly have that many days that were the worst. most of the time i say it with a little bit of seriousness, but mostly because it's a funny part of my otherwise terrible day.

three, and the bad way:
"Oh, you know..."
i use this one when "I'm good," is a lie and, "i'm having the worst day of my life," is a little too true.
on these days, if you look me in the eyes, i might cry.
if you smile at me, i'll look away and blink back tears.
if you hug me for more than a second, i'm surely going to break down.
they're the one-foot-in-front-of-the-other days.
the "please be gentle with my soul," kind of days.

there isn't a problem with any, but the past three weeks or so have found me using the, "Oh, you know..." reply more and more often. i'm definitely in some kind of weird little funk.

if you have any ideas on how to fix this, i'm all ears.

1 comment:

  1. I find when I'm in a funk, hugging your mother helps a lot! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete