Tuesday, November 9, 2010

dear james,

if it weren't for the sake of your homepage, i'd have no reason to write you this letter.

as you read this, you're probably missing me.
it's probably after your bedtime.
and you're probably putting off some important reading for school.

but, for just a few moments, you get to indulge in all things ME.
which i know for a fact you are obsessed with.
you know how i know?

because of our secret code:
no one knows why we do this. only us. because we are secretly more cool that Spiderman.
i also know because of the way your face just lights up when you see me.
and how you hug me every single time i need one.
and you just know when i need them. without even having to be told.
and how you don't know it yet, but you're craving a new Jaycie cd.
because let's face it, they're the best.

is it true James? am i really your one true BFF?
oh...yes, that!

so on this, the ninth day of november, i must tell you a few things.

1. stop wearing cologne. it always throws me off. it makes you smell not like you?
2. boy, i will CUT you. don't ina-rupt. roo!
3. when we get married in 6 and a half years, let's have a white picket fence.
4. can you pretty please leave me a voicemail soon? so in case of an emergency i can still listen to you?

5. remember that one time you were in the freezer and you made me go get you a pita? and i left a tip because i had to sign for your card? well that wasn't the point. the point is that you were in the freezer. and i was very quiet for once in my life and you literally jumped a foot in the air because i scared you to death! :) i miss that day.

6. please bless that Crazy Tammie doesn't give up on us. we absolutely must go to some crazy yoga or dancing something soon so she keeps loving us. it keeps our life interesting, you know.
7. let's watch madagascar soon.

8. remember how you loved my long curly hair? i'm growing it out. just you watch me.
9. i hate amaretto ice cream. i love that you love it.
10. you know that red hoodie of yours? i want it back. and i want it to smell like you when you give it back to me.
11. how's couch to 5k going? probably badly, if i were to guess.
12. get some fivefingers soon. you've been wanting them for practically forever.
13. no-eating-out october is over. so you owe me some old grist mill soup soon.
14. your kinda favorite color is green.

15. you're kinda my favorite.

16. i feel like you should create for me the next pms ice cream.
17. my birthday is the 17th of february. you always forget it. and i always forget your birthday which is on september the 10th. this is okay. because that's just how we roll.
18. you should probably find a house where you can have a puppy. so i can get me one and leave it at your house. thank you.

19. ouch Charlie! owwww.....
charlie bit me. and that really hurt charlie and it's still...hurting.
20. remember how i'm the poorest human? so i need to sell my plasma and donate my eggs? only not the eggs part. because i'm not 21.

21. this is you. and THIS is your badness level. it's unusually high for someone your size.
22. i can't believe you are...hold that thought. angelina jolie and johnny depp are starring in a movie together. it's coming out. i wanna see it way way bad.

23. okay. i can't believe you are....shoot. i can't even remember what i was going to say.
24. i love your teeth. more specifically i love your teeth when you're asking me if you have anything stuck in them.
25. let's go shopping. you need some designer jeans. i promise you won't spend under 100 dollars. and you'll love them. everyone will lust after you.

26. just marry me. and simplify my life. p.s. i'm going to keep begging you until you just say yes.

once upon a time there was a boy. his name was james.
then he met a girl. her name was jaycie.
they became best friends. and they'll get married on october 11th, 2016?
assuming James the boy isn't already taken off the market.
the end.

jamesy, i love you. please keep loving me. forever and ever.
even when i bug your life and bite you on the fingers through your shirt when i'm really just trying to bite your shoulder.
and especially when i'm wreaking havoc on your life, like i always am.
and when i kick you and make your knees buckle.

just please keep loving me.

d'accord?
d'accord! :)

i love you beaucoup de chose! :)

1 comment:

  1. dear jayc, words cannot adequately express just how much i love this letter. As soon as I can access a printer, I shall print it off and keep it forever, just like your friendship...minus the printing part. :) we should definitely see the angelina and johnny movie coming out...i don't even know what it is and yet i'm super excited! we REALLY do need to go to a class from crazy tammie and couch to 5k is going horribly! secretly i laughed and laughed when i read that. really i laughed and loved this letter in total...all of it, no parts excluded. i've read it every few hours just because it makes me smile and warms my heart, i've shared it and cherish it just like i cherish you. i hope you know that you are my bestie and that's all...the end...except for that it's not really the end...just somewhere near the beginning. :-)

    ReplyDelete