Thursday, August 5, 2010

i buy shapes mac & cheese...

when i was little, i sometimes went grocery shopping with my mom.
{my mom is the greatest of all the moms, NO BATTLE!!! :) suckas...}
and as we'd approach the mac & cheese i'd always beg her to get the shapes kind.

and in response, i always heard,

"When you grow up,
you can get whatever
kind of mac & cheese
you want..."

so, as the defiant little hobbit i am, i always get shapes mac & cheese now that i'm "Grown Up"...

i've been living on my own for almost a year now...
but i have a feeling that doesn't necessarily make one a grown up.

last week, i bought a broom.
and toilet bowl scrubber.
and my own laundry soap.
towels. utensils. cookware.

after some very careful consideration, i decided that i must be a grown up because...

i cut my own meat.
i am no longer worried what Manly cashier thinks of me when i buy panties or tampons.
i don't (always) make people kiss my Ouchies better anymore...
i pay my own bills.
i clean my apartment for fun.
i scold people for breaking "quiet hours."
i can make a casserole, start to finish. casserole dish included.

but, at the very end of the day, i guess i might never be a grown up because...

i still think boys have cooties.
i keep bubbles and silly putty in my bag always to keep me entertained in case i get bored.
i'm afraid of being left and forgotten at the store.


i don't wear shoes unless "grown-ups" make me.


i pout if people don't let me pick the movie or the place to eat.
i wear Silly Bandz because they're cool.
i have a crush on Justin Beiber.
and i only shower when i look dirty or get smelly.
sometimes i wander away from home and get a little lost.
and sometimes i cry for no reason at all.


if a good song comes on, you can bet my butt will be shakin' to the beat.
even in front of the prophet or Jesus. i bet they both like to boogey.

i have spontaneously combustible laughter. and i growl and bite and pinch.

i sleep with my teddy, Wallice.
and take him other places too...
i always ask for a sucker at the bank.
and i crawl under church benches if no one will let me out when i need to pee.
and i get grouchy if i don't have enough naps.

all these things make me a good catch. i love. i laugh. i smile. i'm open.
i care. i'm kind. and i'm unique. maybe that doesn't attract all the guys.
i suppose sometimes you still have to be patient,
just like a grown-up
and wait for your Prince Charming to come along, shapes mac & cheese in tow...

No comments:

Post a Comment