Wednesday, February 10, 2010

allow me to introduce myself!

My name is Jaycie.


But, alas, that’s just a title, and although I’ve become quite attached, it doesn’t tell you a whole lot about the kind of person I am, the things I’ve learned from life, or any of my dreams.


So...if my name isn’t me, who am I?


Well, I’m very in touch with my emotions. Sometimes I cry. And sometimes –a lot of the time—I laugh. Life is so hard, but so beautiful, and through the years I’ve come to realize that I won’t ever fully understand most things in my life.


But I try.

And I’m passionate, oh so passionate.


I have this zest for life, this joy deep in my soul that has allowed me to reach out to others and touch their lives.


I’m slightly irresponsible, often jumping into situations that I’m ill-equipped for, but I always emerge with experiences that teach me lessons about myself. I try to be care-free, and I believe that good always prevails in the end


If something is bad, then it isn’t the end.


I’m sensitive, both to my own needs and the needs of others. I’m a helper at heart, and I can’t say no to someone in need. People are so intriguing, and if I can learn from, or touch the lives of others, I’ve done something worthwhile. There’s nothing like a good conversation with someone you’ve just met, and I often find myself in deep conversations with strangers I’ll never see again.


I’m open with people. I have a past, a story to tell, and my hope is that I can be the change I want to see in the world. I think people learn best when they’re hearing from others, and I try to listen as often as I speak, although that rarely happens.


I have an old soul, and sometimes I feel wise beyond my years. I’m not sure why I’ve had to experience the trials I’ve been given, but I’m sure the lessons I’ve learned from my trials will benefit me as I continue in the struggle called Life.


I’m a dreamer.


I have this idea that I’m big and I’m small. This world is full of beauty that is sometimes marred by the bad choices of others. And I hope more than anything that one day people will remember me, not for the things I’ve done, but for the way I made them feel. I don’t have much, just two hands and a heart. But I’m willing to give, whether it is of my possessions, my skills, or simply my time.


So who am I?


I’m not really sure. I’m not the same person today that I was yesterday, and I hope that tomorrow I’ll be different than I am now. I’m not perfect, and I doubt that I ever will be. I am trying, though, and it’s my hope that I’ll never give up.


For now, I’ll just be Jaycie—slightly irresponsible, perhaps a little crazy, and certainly more than a little hopeful.