Friday, June 20, 2014

A cheesy post about my kid.

Before I had Henley, I worried a lot that I'd be a bad mom. I didn't know how to take care of a baby, I was sure I'd sleep through her cries in the night, and I was even more terrified at the prospect of being a single mama.

Here we are almost seven months after my sidekick made her grand entrance. I can honestly say it's been a blast. Henley is incredible. She's a tricky baby, to be sure, but you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to give her up.

She is definitely sassy. She yells at me all the time when she's mad or upset. She'll stare right at me and totally cuss me out.

She gets hangry, sometimes. She'll go from happy to pissed in two seconds, but after she's been fed she gets extra sweet, almost apologetic for throwing her hungry/angry fit. It's especially funny when she's eating. If you aren't giving her food fast enough she'll lecture you.
The cutest eating habit by far though is her "mmmm" noises while she's eating. Just like me!

She sleeps through the night, finally. That was hard work, some sleepless nights for me and plenty of crying for Henley, but we got there. Now she's a pro sleeper. We have a cute little bedtime routine. She gets to play naked for a bit, then she gets her jammies on, cuddles on whoever is home, then we go downstairs, say a prayer and she gets a bottle. Then I smooch on her, give her Giraffy, tuck her in with her blankie, and she instantly gives Girafffy a little kiss, cuddles in, turns her head, and goes to sleep.

She LOVES music. Her favorite song is Slow Boat to China by the Girls Next Door, but she'll basically sing, dance, and listen to anything. She has a cool piano walker music toy that she likes pretty well.

She pulls the funniest little faces. She'll just stare at me then pull a cheesy face or light up with the biggest grin. 

She's been sitting up by herself for about two weeks, but she's getting frustrated with not being mobile, so I think she'll be crawling pretty soon. She can walk if people hold her hands, she's a bit of a pro at that.

Her favorite food seems to be pizza, but she'll basically eat any kind of grown-up food. She won't go near baby food at all. I know, worst mom ever...
She also loves scrambled eggs, fried chicken, and green beans. I can't really say there's any food she's tried she doesn't love.

She loves to go outside. It's definitely her favorite. She likes the grass and will run her feet and hands over it like crazy. She super loves to ride and mow the grass with her grandpa. 

It's a little crazy how this little savage has completely turned my life upside down in the best ways. Just when I think I couldn't possibly love her more she does something else cute and makes me adore her more.

The bigger she gets, the more fun we have. Truly can't imagine life without my tiny goose.



No comments:

Post a Comment