Thursday, November 10, 2011

it's not really running...

but i'm thinking it's time for a move/change.
school has been on my mind lately, and maybe it's time to go back.

i'm going to be a teacher.
the more i think about it, the more i realize it's actually what i want to do.
it means i'll change some lives.
i'll have pretty much the same schedule as my kids.
and summers off? that totally makes up for the less-than-desirable pay.
although, 30 large a year is not that bad...it's better than what i'm making now, which isn't that bad...

only, where should i go?
i've looked at schools in every state of the west coast.
cali, Oregon, washington, colorado, wyoming, even utah again.
there are good schools in all places.
the most appealing: colorado or washington.
washington would be the hardest, i think.

but maybe i should just go back to suu? i could transfer through work, so i would have an income.
and housing isn't too bad down there.
it was my favorite place in the world once. a lot has changed.
and maybe i should just leave it as it currently is in my head: the perfect home for a college Freshman.
most of my people are gone, the ones who are still there aren't really a big part of my life anymore.
it would be different...and i'm not sure i'd love it the same way.

truly i don't know what i'll do. regardless, it's happening next spring.
i'll give myself another good six months or so here at home, but then it's time to be a big girl and start chasing dreams. for the first time ever in my life, i don't hate that thought. i'm ready, i think.

i've come such a long way this past year since i left suu. it's funny, because i look the exact same, but nothing really is the same anymore. except the part where i'm still kind of a seven-year-old...

thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. My Deasest Grace,

    In a way this post has made me view you in a slightly different way, you sound ready...ready to start chasing your dreams which is something I think you've put off for a long time. I think you are ready too. You're a big girl and have changed a lot. but the time is right for that next step, being a teacher is such an awesome job and you'll be one of the best! I mean lets face it, you teach me things all the time. :) It's time for you to start making your mark on the rising generation. I just love you my best.

    Sincerely,

    Humphrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. you still need to teach me the art of blogging... :)

    ReplyDelete