Friday, November 4, 2011

how my new car got a name...

Holland America and I were off to get lunch at Old Grist Mill today, and we ended up talking about my new cute car, probably since we were sittin' in it.
the interior is a lovely mocha/cream combo that makes me crave Reese's Peanut Butter Cups every  single day.
or a Mocha Frappacino with Toffee Nut syrup and the whipped cream mixed in. either of those.
in any case, my lovely little car did not have a name yet.

Hollie was the first to voice her opinion. my car is super classy, so she tested out Catherine Zeta Jones.
lovely name, for sure. but somehow it just seemed TOO classy for a sista like me. at some point in our drive Hollie said, "You know, you should have been born black."

uh, DUH! i've been telling people i'm black forever!!! finally someone who gets it!
so, i dropped this line, "You eyeballin' my piece Fiddy Cent?!"
we DIED! and then named my car Fiddy Cent. like 50 Cent, the rapper, but more gangsta. because fifty. fiddy. which of those seems more black? obviously the fiddy...

i die every time i think about this line or watch this clip.

Jaycie is commonly mistaken for Jay-Z. like the rapper. so, i think Fiddy Cent and Jay-C will be a good little pair for us, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment