Monday, September 13, 2010

a real live boy flirted with me....i think.

this is how i currently feel:
here's the story as to why i feel this way.

i went to church yesterday, like always.
i skipped relief society, like always.
i was late to sunday school, like always.

then he came in.

who is he, you ask?
hmmm...we'll call him Canyon. that's his code name.

anyways, he walks in.
our eyes lock.
he grins really big. teeth and everything.
so i smile sheepishly.

he sits down and my bestie james (who watches everything i watch) goes,
"jayc, do you know him?"
"...nope..."
"hmmm....you better get to know him. that was a flirt."
"what? no it wasn't. he was just bein' friendly."

fast-forward to after church, most of which i paid very little attention to.

he walks up. smiles. i smile back.
he goes, "you're jaycie, right?"
me: "yes, though i feel like i don't know you."
him: "oh, you don't. i just noticed you in sunday school last week. i like that you described yourself as creative and then told people to keep the word of wisdom or die."
me: "i lied about being creative. i'm actually super boring."
james: "no she's not. she's very creative."
canyon: "i can see that...well, i'm Canyon!"
me: "it's nice to meet you Canyon!"
canyon:
jaycie:

boys don't:
flirt with me.
hit on me.
pursue me.
date me.
hug me.
take me home to meet their parents.

boys do:
laugh at me.
avoid me.
tease me.
pat my head like a child.
ignore me.
find me creepy.
tell their friends how "crazy" i am.

so this whole thing was a good step forward, right?
jaycie developed a little bit of a crush, right?

wrong. well, the first part was wrong. the second part...unfortunately true.

so tonight i went to FHE planning on getting this boys digits so i could flirt with/creep him out.

he showed up with a girl. i heard through the grapevine that she REALLY likes him.
of course...well jaycie will NOT fight said girl for Canyon. said girl can have him.

jaycie the Cynical will now boycott all men except:
her dad.
Jesus.
and a select group of "safe men" aka "the besties..."

all in all, this can probably be considered progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment