Sunday, May 9, 2010

changin' oil...

today i learned how to change the oil in my car, Gerard.
this was at the expense of my $160 designer jeans...

everything was going great, at first.
we got right in there and took care of business!
in fact, there were no problems
until
we were nearly finished!

we'd already let the oil pan diarrhea-leak all it's fluids.
we took off the old filter.
we filled the new one up 3/4 of the way with oil.
we even put a little on the top before we put it on. they call it a gasket.
(and if you don't do that, it'll get real hot, weld on, and won't come off easy.)

we were basically done, so my brother told me to back down
off the ramps.
so i climbed in my car and put it in reverse.
HELL broke loose....

my car fell off the ramp-thingy
containing my right tire.
so my brother yells, "release the Park Brake!"

excuse me?

who actually uses the park brake?!
not this girl!

i look up and both McCade and Jordan are screaming at me.

i panic. so McCade kicks me out.
(i just stood next to my car, baffled....)
he puts my car in reverse himself.
but he didn't release the park brake either...
so the other tire falls off.

let's back up.

my car fell off the ramp-thingy
containing my right tire.
so my brother yells, "release the Park Brake!"
turns out when my right tire fell off,
the oil bucket was thrown two feet, where it
connected
with my father's toolbox,
spewing dirty, black oil all over the whole thing.
and all over the floor...



apparently when i make a mess,
i make a BIG mess!


so, here i am.
sitting in the mess, cleaning it all up.

i went through
two
rolls of paper towels.
a pile of saw dust.
and an entire bag of kitty litter.
i'm still not sure my dad has seen the mess.

but i'm sure when he does, i'll be killed.

but anything he does to me won't compare to the
agony
of ruining my jeans...

2 comments:

  1. Nooooooooo! Not the Jeans!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! oh that is too funny! and your jeans! oh no! not your jeans!

    ReplyDelete