Wednesday, August 1, 2012

even on my weakest days...

i get a little bit stronger.


this song's been on repeat in my head.

handy manny broke my heart. i thought he was the one.
and he's decided that he doesn't want to be. he needs to try things out with another girl.
we spent some time together this week around his roadtrip. and it wasn't the same as it used to be.
i realized i poured my entire heart and soul into a relationship that he didn't want.

the worst part for me is that it was a selfish action on his part.
i truly believe we could have been happy together.
he ignored his feelings for me because he wanted this other girl more.
he likes her better. she's his first choice.
and i'm his second choice. who makes a convenient toy to play with when she's not around.

i deserve so much more than that.

lately things have been changing. i have been changing. mostly for the better, i think.

i've quit some bad habits and replaced them with better ones.
there are a lot of things that don't make me happy.
i've realized those things and i've started the process to getting them fixed.

instead of listening to me, Handy Manny told me I seem like a two-face bitch.
i said something to him and then said it to someone else in another context, which he felt made my words to him insincere.
he didn't give me an opportunity to explain that things he'd said to me earlier had made me realize other things about myself. things that i wanted, that i need.
it's hard. having my best friend and lover decide to view me through narrowed eyes. it's hard, taking the fall for every little thing, to be yelled at for feeling a certain way and doing certain things...

but i'm getting a little bit stronger.

i love him still. and i'm sure there will always be a little Handy Manny spot in my heart.
but i'm out. i can't let this hurt me anymore. it doesn't get to run my life.
he's the first thing i think about in the morning and the last thing i think about before i go to sleep.
but i haven't cried as much today.
and i'm sure i won't cry too much tomorrow.

what seemed impossible three weeks ago doesn't seem quite so hard anymore.
it feels like it's been forever since he replaced me with her.
my heart that felt like it was being ripped apart has calmed to a more bearable ache.
and i'm glad she was gone long enough for us to really get everything out of our systems.
i wish them the best. truly. if he thinks she'll make him happy, i hope she can.

and though i'm terrified, i'm also a little excited about where the road might lead me.
i have a good feeling though today.

things i've been blessed with today:
my mom and dad. even though they aren't here with me, they're never very far.
my friends. both here and back home. they keep me going when i'd rather give up.
i have james. we've got five good years in. and he's a keeper.
my back. though it's falling apart, at least i have one. and at least i can still walk.
poos and sunscreen that will melt away this hard week.
peace. from a Heavenly Father who gets it. who cries with me. and smiles with me.
grapes. because that's my favorite food today.
and pain killers that will get rid of this headache and let me sleep...

i'm getting a little bit stronger.

3 comments:

  1. Jaycie I feel with you on this. I started having to let go of someone around the same time you did. I've definitely identified with this, and a lot of your posts on FB. GOOD AND EXCITING things are indeed coming your way. I honestly didn't know how GOOD it could get until I really started allowing myself to let go of what wasn't meant to be at this point. I'm sending lots of positive energy your way and I know you are in store for something great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could my heart not ache for you? I'm so sorry for the pain and discomfort that you are feeling. I'm glad you know that Heavenly Father is the one that truly understands. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! Katelyn, when I move back to the CV, let's get together sometime! I feel like we're meant to be closer friends than we are!

    Ashlee, I love you. You're seriously one of the best examples in my life.

    ReplyDelete