i've just been wicked busy with holidays, work, etc.
i've had a couple traumatic experiences, some good ones, and i have very few excuses, but i also don't feel the need to justify myself. this is, after all, MY blog.
i need to write though...i really, really miss it.
life's about to get a little crazy.
i started a pretty intense workout program to lose that 21 pounds from The List. my workout program is by the same company who does p90x, so i'll be able to cross 1 and 7 from the list. how about a full update?
1. lose 21 pounds. although, if this only ends up being 2.1 pounds, i might be okay with that.
i've actually gained a few pounds. so i guess in reality now i need to lose like, 27 pounds. but i'm on the way.
2. take silly photos in a photobooth with my bff Brandon the very Larsen.
i give up, Brandon. i'm doing this one with someone else. anyone else, maybe me and wallice?
3. go fishin'. i've never been fishing, but i've always wanted to!
i'm still just waiting for someone to take me!
4. have a hobo roadtrip and spend a night in the Redwood Forest! check! :)
hmmm. done. i will not be divulging details. suffice it to say, i have done this one. it may or may not have included doing illegal things, and getting stuck in the snow storm of the century in the Sierra Nevadas...
5. kiss a complete stranger.
i don't know any strangers. i'll work on this one, but i have a feeling it'll require some serious lady balls. plus, the sleepy kitty singer will be way jealous...
6. eat squab. i don't know what "squab" is, but i'm sooo tryin' it. they talk about it on the Food Network all the time.
i'm still planning on doing this. Handy Manny actually agreed that we can try it next time i go see him. hmmmm....the sleep kitty singer DID NOT feed me squab yet. i'll make this one happen, fo sho!
7. successfully complete p90x. (in the designated 90 days.) almost check!
it's happening. currently. and i'm gonna be soooo hot by my birthday.
8. be a rebel and get a real tattoo. okay, a real henna tattoo....check!
about that...i actually got one. a real one. it says "chaque etape du voyage..." which translate to "every step of the journey..." It's in French. and it's not done. i'm going to have a dandelion added above my toes that will blow some seeds over the words. judge away, judgers...
9. buy a cactus and watch that sucker grow. no way is that thing dyin' on my watch! check! :)
hells yeah! Mervin's been in my life since....i was looking for blog, but i never wrote it. Mervin here is the Break-Up cactus. he's been in my life since February, i think. we've got a good 11 months in! we've had a few close calls, but he's thriving!
10. take or be in a picture every day for an entire month. just to remember the days between.
i don't want to do this one...sigh. but i will. i'm pretty sure i've done this in various pictures for Handy Manny, but one can't be sure. the point was to facebook/blog them anyways. i'll work on it. i'm seriously starting this immediately...
11. gulp. go on 21 dates...(i have a feeling i'll come to regret this one...) check! :)
i'm nearly positive i've been on at least that many dates in the past year and a half. if i haven't, oh well. not super into dating at the current time, so i'm at peace with this goal.
12. spend the summer of '11 in a far away place...working, adventuring, etc. check! :)
i spent the last four months of 2010 and the first four of 2011 in the slc area. i don't think that counts. but i'm making a big move next spring anyways, to an unknown destination, so we'll take it.
13. volunteer in a soup kitchen.
i should have done this already...shame on me. i donate to food pantries all the time. i can have half a point. but i still want to do it.
14. find the perfect pair of jeans and buy them without batting an eyelash. check!
hmmm. this could be argued in either direction. i'm going to vote that i still need to find them. however, i'll do that after i'm all sexy from turbofire.
15. trade in facebook for the self-realization and peace that comes through the practice of zen...this shall occur for just ONE month.
okay, okay. i need to do this. i actually don't think it'll kill me. so maybe i'll start that soon. as in, today! i'm doing it. right now!
16. get a kit and learn how to make balloon animals.
i still want to do this. i need to do it. my mom has a kit. i'm soooo going to ask her if i can borrow it.
17. have an Oscar Meyer Weiner-mobile experience....preferably ride in it, but i'll settle for just a pic. check, check, check!!!
this is one of my favorite things about the sleepy kitty singer, actually. if there's something i desperately want to do, he'll drop stuff and make sure we can do it. we were driving one day and he suddenly pointed out the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile and missed our exit and started following it so i could get some pictures. it was ADORABLE!
18. go to the ocean and play with REAL sea stars in the tide pools! (they are my favorite animal of course!)
this should probably just be part of the Price Is Right adventure, though i have a feeling it's not gonna happen...
19. for those of you who are cache valley natives, you'll know what i mean by saying i shall Clean The Sink by myself!
i didn't do this. and i will not be doing it. it's too much ice cream. i don't even like ice cream that much anymore...i just can't do it alone. maybe with friends ON my very birthday? perhaps?
20. ride on a San Francisco trolley while hangin' off the back and singing the Rice-A-Roni theme song....
i want to do this still. not sure when i'll ever be in SanFran, but we'll see. don't hold your breath though.
21. it is my wildest dream to be a contestant on The Price is Right!
i bet i could find tickets and be a birthday princess on the Price is Right on my very 21st birthday...but i won't. because Drew Carey sucks...
eight checks and 2 half checks...that's not very good odds, though i'll be honest, i'm okay with that. life is a blast and i'm doing really great! you don't need a list of things to do to have an amazing life!